Gum disease is a leading cause of tooth loss. How much do you know about this preventable condition? Chesterfield Smile Design presents this little primer, in the form of a gum disease quiz. Good luck!
1. Which of the things listed below are risk factors for gum disease (periodontitis)?
d. Family history
2. Which of the items below are possible signs of gum disease?
a. Teeth that appear to be longer
b. A change in the way dentures fit
c. Bad breath
d. Inflamed gums
3. Which of the following are possible health concerns linked to untreated gum disease?
b. Low birth weight babies
c. Parkinson’s disease
4. What percentage of men and women age 65+ have gum disease?
5. Which of the following treatments are used for gum disease?
a. Scaling and root planing
b. Gum grafting
c. Flap surgery
d. Flip surgery
1. All of the above. Pregnancy, menopause, or any other condition that causes hormonal changes is a risk factor as is any type of malocclusion.
2. All of the above. Note: some patients don’t see any symptoms.
How did you do?
Gum disease usually responds successfully to treatment—especially when it’s caught early. If you haven’t seen a dentist in a while, or have been noticing troubles with your gums or teeth, please give us a call at Chesterfield Smiles Designs in Chesterfield MO. We treat gum disease and offer a wide range of services, including dental implants and sleep apnea treatment. Schedule an appointment today.
Contact Chesterfield Smile Design:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):