Sleep apnea is a condition in which your breathing periodically stops during sleep. It can lead to serious health problems, but there is hope: it is treatable at Chesterfield Smile Design.
First, though, how do you know if you have sleep apnea? Read through these common symptoms.
Signs of Sleep Apnea
- Excessive Daytime Sleepiness
- Sleep Deprivation
- Excessive Snoring
- Episodes of Not Breathing
- Mouth Breathing
- Dry Mouth/Throat
- Frequent Headaches
Having one of these symptoms does not necessarily mean you have sleep apnea. But if you have more than one, you might want to schedule an appointment with your doctor.
Three Types of Sleep Apnea
There are three different types of sleep apnea:
- Obstructive sleep apnea describes a condition where your throat muscles relax.
- Central sleep apnea, which occurs when your brain doesn’t send proper signals to control your breathing.
- Complex sleep apnea syndrome occurs when a patient has both of the other apnea types.
If you are diagnosed with Obstructive Sleep Apnea, it’s important to explore your options. We offer treatment at Chesterfield Smile Design, and a wide range of general dentistry options. Schedule an appointment with us today.
Contact Chesterfield Smile Designs:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):